HIT Scotland may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 04 Aug 2017.
The types of information we collect
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, companies, postal addresses, and email addresses, when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfill your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to one of our mailing lists. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
How we may use the information collected
We use this information to understand your needs and fulfill your request, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide you with information in answer to a question you have asked.
- To consider you for one of our scholarships (if this is what you have applied for), and to contact you about this. Then to fulfill your scholarship if your application is successful.
- To process event tickets bookings and payment, or to provide to our third party event company Event Consultants Scotland to process event ticket bookings and payment.
- To provide information to our third party accountants Mazars to allow them to process scholarship expenses payments.
- We are legally required to hold some personal information to fulfil statutory obligations, for example the collection of Gift Aid or to support certain financial transactions.
- We may use the information to improve our scholarships, events and our website.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We will not contact you again if you ask us not to.
- If you send any content that we believe to be inappropriate or content in breach of any laws, such as defamatory content, we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your internet provider or law enforcement agencies.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to be added to our mailing list, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com or by unsubscribing via our email newsletter.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that the information we hold on you is incorrect, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties.
If you have any questions about this policy or would like to see the information we hold about you, please contact email@example.com with “Data Protection” in the subject line, or write to HIT Scotland, PO Box 14598, Milnathort, Kinross KY13 9WS.
There may be a charge for providing this information, and you must first provide proof of identification.